Venue: Baltimore Convention Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
Date: 12 March – 16 March 2017
Cell health assays and Phenotypic Screening at ToxExpo
We will be showcasing TTP Labtech’s plate-based acumen Cellista, the perfect tool for your phenotypic cellular assays which can be utilised early in the discovery process to identify potential safety and efficacy related issues sooner, thereby reducing overall development costs and improving failure rates.
These assays include:
- live/dead – using standard dyes such as calcein-AM/PI or TOTO-3/TMRMThese combinations provide a more cost-effective approach to bulk read assays, such as CellTitre–Glo®, and offer the benefit of multiplexing with additional phenotypic assays to gain more high content data
- apoptosis – annexin V, Caspase-3, nuclear condensation
- genotox – phophohistone H3
With plate read and analysis times as low as 2 ½ minutes, regardless of plate format, acumen Cellista can be used for primary screening in the determination of off-target drug effects in the earliest phases of drug discovery. Fast scan times and easy to use Cellista software mean it is ideal for multi-user environments such as core screening laboratories.
Cell cycle analysis is a widely employed biological application within drug discovery and biomedical research for investigating potential adverse toxicity effects, or on-target compound efficacy within a number of disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, and metabolic disorders.
TTP Labtech’s acumen Cellista allows the determination of proliferation (total cell number/well), cytotoxicity (live/dead) and cell cycle analysis in a single assay using adherent cells in-situ, or suspension cells.
Its advantages include:
- a simple dye-based method to identify DNA content (Hoeschst and Propidium Iodide) that can be enhanced by multiplexing with other markers of interest (e.g. mitotic index).
- in situ analysis means a workflow that is easier to automate than flow cytometry that preserves cell morphology
- the ability to discriminate between cytotoxic and cytostatic mechanism of action
- plate read times from 5 minutes per plate for whole well analysis
acumen Cellista’s high throughput imaging capability and rapid analysis means it can conduct genome-wide screens in a matter of days rather than weeks: see Kittler, R. et al, (2007). Nature Cell Biology 9:1401-1412
Our team can also discuss with you our instruments used for:
- flexible sample management workflows from ambient to -80°C (comPOUND, arktic, lab2lab)
- unique low volume liquid handling for NGS, compound screening and MALDI-TOF (mosquito, dragonfly).
Want to find out more? We offer a full range of resources, read our application notes and posters here…
>> prefer to watch a video to find out more? Click here
For more information about the Society of Toxicology 56th annual meeting and ToxExpo visit their website here!