mirrorball uses simultaneous triple laser scanning for fluorescence excitation. Scattered light and emitted fluorescence from each object is detected simultaneously by individual Photomultiplier Tubes to enable multiplexing. Through use of narrow depth of field optics, mirrorball is able to reject background fluorescence permitting the use of no-wash homogeneous protocols (compatible with adherent cells, suspension cells and beads) .
- mirrorball is a single point laser scanning system with an aperture positioned close to a confocal image plane of the sample
- the design is optimised to reject fluorescence which is immediately outside of the focal plane, to enable homogenous or mix and read assays
- the optical path of the system is minimised in length to reduce light loss, making the mirrorball sensitive
- the optical design allows the simultaneous capture of several fluorophores for multiplexing
There are no fluidics within mirrorball’s design which means that the instrument is easy to maintain and cheap to run. You just walk up to the instrument and start scanning without the need for daily maintenance routines or replacing parts. There is no potential for down-time due to system clogging especially when using adherent cell types which may be imaged in-situ by mirrorball making reliable walk-away automation a reality. As few as 500 objects are required/test keeping cell supply costs to a minimum and plates can be read in just 12 minutes permitting much greater throughputs versus flow cytometry.
system technical specifications
|scan and analysis time||average plate read times 12 minutes/plate (96-, 384- and 1536-well microplates)|
|laser excitation||choice of 405, 488, or 640 nm|
|detection||FL1 420-475 nm, FL2 502-537 nm FL3 565-605 nm, FL4 667-685 nm FL5 725-750 nm scatter (non-coded sol-R beads or colourless beads from other vendors)|
|scan area||whole well as standard|
|standard data format||CSV file and open source TIFF export|
|microplate compatibility||96, 384 and 1536* well microplates, 384-well sol-R microplates|
|test model compatibility||adherent cell, suspension cell and bead-based|
|physical dimensions (w x d x h) and weight||bench-top instrument of 645 mm x 513 mm x 350 mm (25” x 20” x 14”) Approx 60 kgs (132 lbs)|
|operating environment||15ºC to 25ºC|
|services||110/230 V single phase 47/63 Hz 800 W3 power sockets required|
|noise||not exceeding 70 dB(A) equivalent continuous sound pressure level, measured 0.5 m from the instrument|
|regulatory requirements||CE, IEC and CHRH safety standard compliant|
|system laser rating||Class 1 (Class 3B with interlocks defeated)|
|PC specifications||Dell Precision Tower 5810Intel Xeon Processor E5-1607 v3 (Four Core, 10MB Cache, 3.1GHz)16Gb RAM 2133MHz DDR4 (4x4GB)500GB 3.5inch Serial ATA (7,200 Rpm) Hard DriveAdditional Drive: 3.5 inch 2TB SATA 7.2k RPM HDD
8x Slimline DVD+/-RW Drive and 16x DVD+/-RW Drive
1GB nVidia NVS 315 Graphics card
Windows 7 Professional (64Bit)
*plate compatibility information is available; please enquire here for more information.
mirrorball’s Windows based Cellista software is powerful yet approachable.The software has been refined over many years and allows even the most novice users to rapidly become confident with the instrument.
Standard protocol templates are provided for the most common applications. To get started, simply choose a pre-loaded assay template and start acquiring data. On-the-fly analysis enables data driven decision to be made in just 12 minutes per 96-, 384- or 1,536-well microplate.
New protocol development is fast and easy. Once completed, novel protocols may be saved to template and recalled for future use.
User benefits include:
- hit identification through easy gating of histograms and scatter plots
- intensity and morphological output measurements
- assured decision-making: image-based visual confirmation of results
- the removal of adoption barriers normally associated with image analysis
- no requirement for specialist operators or intensive training
- reanalysis of scanned data off-line to keep your instrument free
- SpectraView: aids the selection of mirrorball compatible fluorescence reagents
- audit files, user level access controls and colour compensation software (upon request)
Capitalising on mirrorball’s image-based approach Cellista offers great versatility to extract multi-parameter data from a wide variety of bead, or cell-based functional applications.
|no-wash multiplex immunoassays||functional assays|
|antibody, antibody fragment and peptide primary screening||cell viability|
|species cross-reactivity determination||apoptosis|
|titre determination||cell cycle|
|Kd/Bmax determination||antibody internalisation|
|soluble protein assays:– e.g.cytokines, hormones, growth factors||antibody neutralisation|