- Collazo, M., Vaezeslami, S., Burl, S. (2014) Improving the crystallization process for optimal drug development. Am Lab March 28
- Marx, V. (2013) Pouring over liquid handling Nature Methods 11: 33-38
- Nakashima, R. et al (2013) Structural basis for the inhibition of bacterial multidrug exporters. Nature 500: 102–106
- Hollenstein, K. et al (2013) Structure of class B GPCR corticotropin-releasing factor receptor 1. Nature 499: 438–443
- Jenkins, J. (2012) Automation advances for today’s crystallographer. Bioscience Technology
- Liew, C. W. et al. (2012) RING domain dimerization is essential for RNF4 function. Biochem J.
- Gaisford, W. (2012) Achieving successful structure-based drug design; Pharma March/April p14
- Koide, A., J. Wojcik, et al. (2012). Teaching an Old Scaffold New Tricks: Monobodies Constructed Using Alternative Surfaces of the FN3 Scaffold. J Mol Biol 415(2): 393-405.
- Brelidze, T. I. et al (2012) Structure of the carboxy-terminal region of a KCNH channel. Nature 481: 530–533
- Mueller, I. et al. (2011) A new apo-caspase-6 crystal form reveals the active conformation of the apoenzyme; J Mol Biol. 410(2):307-15
- Gaisford, W. (2011) The Rapid Screening and Optimisation of Crystallisation Conditions of the Bacterial Periplasmic Binding Protein, HbpA and the Elucidation of its Role as a Glutathione Import Protein; Technology Networks: Crystallography,
- Mueller, I. et al. (2011) Structure of human caspase-6 in complex with Z-VAD-FMK: New peptide binding mode observed for the non-canonical caspase conformation; Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 21(18):5244-7
- Gaisford, W. et al. (2011) mosquito LCP: making membrane protein crystallisalization accessible to the research scientist; Nature Methods 8. Appl. Note.
- Chaptal, V. et al. (2011) Crystal structure of lactose permease in complex with an affinity inactivator yields unique insight into sugar recognition. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 108: 9361-6
- Chang, A. et al. (2011) Complete set of glycosyltransferase structures in the calicheamicin biosynthetic pathway reveals the origin of regiospecificity.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 108: 17649-54
- Koldobskaya, Y. et al. (2011) A portable RNA sequence whose recognition by a synthetic antibody facilitates structural determination. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 18(1):100-6
- Vergauwen, B. et al. (2010) Glutathione import in Haemophilus influenzae Rd is primed by the periplasmic heme-binding protein HbpA. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 107:13270-5.
- Watanabe, A. et al. (2010) The mechanism of sodium and substrate release from the binding pocket of vSGLT. Nature 468: 988-91.
- Cuello, L.G. et al. (2010) Structural basis for the coupling between activation and inactivation gates in K(+) channels. Nature. 466(7303):272-5.
- Cuello, L.G. et al. (2010) Structural mechanism of C-type inactivation in K(+) channels. Nature. 466(7303):203-8.
2009 and earlier
- Kors C. A. et al. (2009) Effects of impurities on membrane-protein crystallization in different systems. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr.65:1062-73.
- Mace, P.D. et al. (2008) Structures of the cIAP2 RING Domain Reveal Conformational Changes Associated with Ubiquitin-conjugating Enzyme (E2) Recruitment. Journal of Biological Chemistry
- Jenkins, J. (2007) Protein Crystallography: Automating a temperamental science, Lab Manager Oct 31.
- Newman, J. et al. (2005) Towards rationalization of crystallization screening for small- to medium-sized academic laboratories: the PACT/JCSG+ strategy; Acta Crystallographica. 61: 1426-1431.
- Dr Andrew Turnbull, Cancer Research Technology – Developing robust crystallography platforms for iterative protein-ligand complex structure determination
>> access recording
- Dr Alexey Rak, Sanofi R&D, Paris – A redesigned crystallisation strategy focussed on a high throughput seeding technique.
>> access recording
- Dr Isabel de Moraes, Membrane Protein Laboratory at the Diamond Light Source – Challenges and opportunities in structure determination of membrane proteins.
>> access download
- Professor Savvas Savvides, Ghent University, with Dr Andrew Dore and Dr Kaspar Hollenstein, Heptares Therapeutics – Optimising low volume, high value protein crystallisation screening.
>> access recording