key technical features for a crystallisation robot
TTP Labtech’s mosquito LCP combines an automated syringe dispenser and the mosquito pipetting head (as used in mosquito Crystal) into one compact crystallisation robot capable of highly accurate, precise and rapid automated plate set-ups.
- extremely accurate and precise pipetting in the 25 nL – 1,200 nL range
- automated plate set-up for membrane protein crystallisation screening, optimisation and scale-up
- automated plate set-up for all standard crystallisation techniques: sitting drop, hanging drop, microbatch, seeding and microseeding
- auto-homing LCP needle for highly accurate drop positioning
- no need for instrument configuration changes when changing techniques or liquid viscosities
- zero cross-contamination and no wash steps required
- unrivalled reproducibility down to 25 nL.
The mosquito LCP crystallisation robot uses automated calibration of syringe plus accurate pipette positioning to ensure precise drop-on-drop placement.
mosquito LCP guarantees zero cross-contamination and highly accurate pipetting across a vast viscosity range by employing TTP Labtech’s disposable positive displacement pipette tips for screen additions.
Evaporation of the dispensed lipidic cubic phase (LCP) is minimised as a result of screen solutions being dispensed on the columns of LCP within 5 seconds.
Both LCP and traditional crystallization experiments can be set up in commercially available SBS-format plates.
TTP Labtech offers additional components to enhance your membrane protein crystallisation screening, including an optional humidity chamber and an automated mixer for preparing the LCP.