This webinar has finished but a recording is available
Too often a promising drug candidate is prevented from making it to market by unpredicted side-effects and toxicity issues. Testing regimes that can identify and exclude toxic molecules as early as possible will lead to significant time and cost savings.
This webinar gives you tools for:
- cell health answers in as little as 5 minutes/plate
- ideal templates for early stage library and genome wide screening
- generating open source TIFF files that can be used in further analysis
- minimising sample preparation steps
- lowering the cost of cell health assays.
To view the webinar recording, register here.
- de Bruin et al (2015). Genome-wide siRNA screen for anti-cancer drug resistance in adherent cell lines. Bio-protocol 5(10): e1474
- Calliss et al., A screening assay cascade to identify and characterize novel selective estrogen receptor downregulators (SERDs). J Biomol Screen
- Horman et al. Challenges and opportunities toward enabling phenotypic screening of complex and 3D cell models. Future Med. Chem. (2015) 7(4), 513–525
- Clavell et al., Modulating the anticancer activity of Ruthenium(II)-arene complexes. J Med Chem. 2015 Apr 7
- Feng et al., In vitro resistance selection with Doravirine (MK-1439): a novel non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor with distinct mutation development pathways. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2015 Jan;59(1):590-8
- Hodzic et al., A cell-based high-throughput screening assay for radiation susceptibility using automated cell counting. Radiat Oncol. 2015; 10: 55
- Nagel et al., Genome-wide siRNA screen identifies the radiosensitizing effect of downregulation of MASTL and FOXM1 in NSCLC. Mol Cancer Ther. 2015 Mar 25
- Wylie et al., Advances in laser scanning imaging cytometry for high-content screening. ASSAY and Drug Development Technologies. March 2015, 13(2): 66-78.
- Chen, G., et al. Blocking autocrine VEGF signaling by sunitinib, an anti-cancer drug, promotes embryonic stem cell selfrenewal and somatic cell reprogramming. Cell Research (2014) :1-16
- deBruin et al., Reduced NF1 expression confers resistance to EGFR inhibition in lung cancer. Cancer Discov 2014 May;4(5):606-19
- Gardner et al., Development of a high-content screen for the identification of inhibitors directed against the early steps of the cytomegalovirus infectious cycle. Antiviral Res. 2015 Jan;113:49-61
- Gelbert et al., Preclinical characterization of the CDK4/6 inhibitor LY2835219: in-vivo cell cycle dependent/independent anti-tumor activities alone/in combination with gemcitabine. Invest New Drugs 2014
- van Vuurden et al., Pre-B-cell leukemia homeobox interacting protein 1 is overexpressed in astrocytoma and promotes tumor cell growth and migration. Neuro Oncol. 2014 Jan 26
- Sense, S et al., Chemical dissection of the cell cycle: probes for cell biology and anti-cancer drug development. Cell Death and Disease (2014) 5
- Zhang et al., Are Capecitabine and the Active Metabolite 5-FU CNS Penetrable to Treat Breast Cancer Brain Metastasis? Drug Metab Dispos. 2015 Mar; 43(3):411-7.
- Burl, S. (2013) Toxicity screens with increased insight: multiplex high-content imaging for studying compound performance GEN 33 (18): 20-21
- Horman, S et al. 3D High-content analysis of spheroids. New methodology shown to improve screening. GEN 2013, Vol. 33 (No. 16)
- Horman, S et al. High-content analysis of three dimensional tumour spheroids: investigating signaling pathways using small hairpin RNA. Nature Methods. September 27, 2013
- Horman, S et al. An HTS-compatible 3D colony formation assay to identify tumor-specific chemotherapeutics. J Biomol. Screen. August 5, 2013
- Lu et al., Knockdown of Slingshot 2 (SSH2) serine phosphatase induces Caspase3 activation in human carcinoma cell lines with the loss of the Birt–Hogg–Dubé tumour suppressor gene (FLCN). Oncogene 2013 Feb 18. doi:10.1038/onc.2013.27
- Luo et al., The oncogenic role of PKCiota gene amplification and overexpression in Chinese non-small cell lung cancer, Lung Cancer (2013),
- Ming, W et al. Development and validation of a 96-well cellular assay for the discovery of ALDH1A1 inhibitors. ASSAY and Drug Development Technologies. July 2013, 11(6): 388-395
- PosthumaDeBoer et al., Surface proteomic analysis of osteosarcoma identifies EPHA2 as receptor for targeted drug delivery. British Journal of Cancer (2013) 109, 2142–2154
- Roguev et al., Quantitative genetic-interaction mapping in mammalian cells. Nature methods. 10(5):432-7
- Sherman and Pyle., Small Molecule Screening with Laser Cytometry Can Be Used to Identify Pro-Survival Molecules in Human Embryonic Stem Cells, PLos One 2013 Jan 8:1-10
- Smith et al., HIV Cell Fusion Assay: Phenotypic Screening Tool for the Identification of HIV Entry Inhibitors via CXCR4. J Biomol Screen August 29, 2013 [Epub ahead of print]
- Torres-Guzmán et al., Multiparametric Cell-Based Assay for the Evaluation of Transcription Inhibition by High-Content Imaging. J Biomol Screen.Jun;18(5):556-66.
- Davies et al., Preclinical pharmacology of AZD5363, an orally bioavailable inhibitor of AKT: pharmacodynamics, antitumor activity and correlation of monotherapy activity with genetic background. Mol Cancer Ther eprint
- Gaisford, W., Improving HCA with laser scanning imaging: Tool allows positional analysis of every cell in a single scan. GEN, 2012 Nov 15.
- Gavine et al., AZD4547: An orally bioavailable, potent and selective inhibitor of the Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor tyrosine kinase family. Cancer Res. 2012 Feb 27. [Epub ahead of print]
- Gerlinger et al., Genome‐wide RNA interference analysis of renal carcinoma survival regulators identifies MCT4 as a Warburg effect metabolic target. J. Pathol 2012 Feb 24
- Heald et al., Discovery of Novel Allosteric Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase Kinase (MEK) 1,2 Inhibitors Possessing Bidentate Ser212 Interactions. J. Med. Chem. 2012, 55, 4594−4604
- Lee et al., High-throughput screening for genes that prevent excess DNA replication in human cells and for molecules that inhibit them. Methods, Eprint 5th April 2012
- Liu et al., Surviving cells after treatment with gemcitabine or 5-fluorouracil for the study of de novo resistance of pancreatic cancer– Cancer Letters, 2012 Jan 1;314(1):119-25
- Sato et al., A Potent Anti-HB-EGF Monoclonal Antibody Inhibits cancer Cell Proliferation and Multiple Angiogenic Activities of HB-EGF. PLoS December 2012 ;7(12):e51964.
- Titus et al., High-Throughput Multiplexed Quantitation of Protein Aggregation and Cytotoxicity in a Huntington’s Disease Model. Current Chemical Genomics, 2012, 6, 79-86
- Fursov et al., Development and Utilization of Activated STAT3 Detection Assays for Screening a Library of Secreted Proteins. ASSAY and Drug Development Technologies August 2011
- Gaisford, W. Evolving methods in cytology: its the era of laser scanning, imaging-based technology. MLO, Dec 2011
- Gough et al. 2011. A quantitative, facile, and high-throughput image-based cell migration method is a robust alternative to the scratch assay. J. Biomol Screening 16(2):155-63.
- Horn et al., Mapping of signaling networks through synthetic genetic interaction analysis by RNAi. Nature Methods Apr;8(4):341-6.
- Kveiborg et al. 2011. PKCα and PKCδ Regulate ADAM17-Mediated Ectodomain Shedding of Heparin Binding-EGF through Separate Pathways. PloS One 6(2): e17168.
- Lu et al. 2011. Therapeutic targeting the loss of the birt-hogg-dube suppressor gene. Mol. Cancer Ther. 10(1):80-9.
- Meyvantsson et al., Image-based analysis of primary human neutrophil chemotaxis in an automated direct-viewing assay. J. Immunol. Methods. 2011 Nov 30;374 (1-2):70-7
- Meier, T et al. Tasisulam Sodium, an Anti-tumor Agent that Inhibits Mitotic Progression and Induces Vascular Normalization. MCT, Sept 2011.
- Zhao, G et al. A Novel, Selective Inhibitor of Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptors That Shows A Potent Broad-spectrum of Anti-tumor Activity in Several Tumor Xenograft Models. MCT, Sept 2011.
- Zhu, W et al. 2011. An image based, high-throughput screening assay for molecules that induce excess DNA replication in human cancer cells. Mol. Cancer Res. 10
- Chresta et al. 2010. AZD8055 is a potent, selective, and orally bioavailable ATP-competitive mammalian target of rapamycin kinase inhibitor with in vitro and in vivo antitumor activity. Cancer Res. 70(1) :288-98.
- Fuchs et al. 2010. Clustering phenotype populations by genome-wide RNAi and multiparametric imaging. Molecular Systems Biology . 6: Article number 370
- Gupta et al. 2010. FZD4 as a Mediator of ERG Oncogene-Induced WNT Signaling and Epithelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition in Human Prostate Cancer Cells. Cancer Res. 70(17): 6735-45.
- Hickinson et al. 2010. AZD8931, an Equipotent, Reversible Inhibitor of Signaling by Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor, ERBB2 (HER2), and ERBB3: A Unique Agent for Simultaneous ERBB Receptor Blockade in Cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 16:1159-69.
- Karlas et al. 2010. Genome-wide RNAi screen identifies human host factors crucial for influenza virus replcation.
- Lees et al. 2010. P2X7 receptor-mediated killing of an intracellular parasite, toxoplasma gondii by human and murine macrophages. J Immunol. 184: 7040-6
- Phong et al. 2010. The p38 MAPK promotes cell survival in response to DNA damage but is not required for G2 DNA damage checkpoint in human cancer cells. Mol Cell Biol. 30(15):3816-26
- Nevo et al. 2010. Mammary-derived growth inhibitor (MGDI) interacts with integrin alpha-subunits and supresses integrin activity and invasion. OncogeneDec 9:29(49):6452-63
- Shukla, et al., The future of toxicity testing: a focus on in vitro methods using a quantitative high-throughput screening platform. Drug Discov Today. 2010 Dec;15(23-24):997-1007
- Wang et al. 2010. Assessment of the susceptibility of mutant HIV-1 to antiviral agents. J. Virological Methods 165:230-237
- Brimacombe K.R. et al. 2009. A dual-fluorescence high-throughput cell line system for probing multidrug resistance. Assay Drug Dev. Technol. 7:233-49.
- Dessole et al. 2009.Discovery of N-[(1-aryl-1H-indazol-5-yl)methyl]amides derivatives as smoothened antagonists for inhibition of the hedgehog pathway.Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 19:4191-5.
- Forte & Luftig 2009 MDM2-Dependent Inhibition of p53 Is Required for Epstein-Barr Virus B-Cell Growth Transformation and Infected-Cell Survival. Journal of Virology 83(6):2491-2499
- Kajiyama et al. 2009. Tetracycline-inducible gene expression in conditionally immortalized mouse podocytes. Am. J. Nephrol. 29:153-163.
- Klinghoffer et al. 2009. A Lentivirus-Mediated Genetic Screen Identifies Dihydrofolate Reductase (DHFR) as a Modulator of b-Catenin/GSK3 Signaling. PLoS One. 4(9). E6892.
- Malony et al. 2009. Induction of thrombospondin-1 partially mediates the anti-angiogenic activity of dexrazoxane. British Journal of Cancer. 101:957–966.
- Nevo et al. 2009. Mammary-derived growth inhibitor alters traffic of EGFR and induces a novel form of cetuximab resistance. Clin. Cancer Res. 15:6570-81
- Salmela et al. 2009. Dietary flavonoid fisetin induces a forced exit from mitosis by targeting the mitotic spindle checkpoint. Carcinogenesis 30:1032–1040.
- Swanton et al. 2009. Chromosomal instability determines taxane response.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 106:8671-6.
- Baus et al. Identification of a novel AS160 splice variant that regulates GLUT4 translocation and glucose-uptake in rat muscle cells. Cell Signal2008;20:2237-46
- Beller et al. COPI complex is a regulator of lipid homeostasis. PloS Biology2008;6:e292
- Lehto et al. The R-Ras interaction partner ORP3 regulates cell adhesion.Journal of Cell Science 2008;121:695-705
- Michael et al. A Robotic Platform for Quantitative High Throughput Screening. Assay Drug Dev Technol. 2008;6:637–657
- Schmidt et al. A Novel Splicing Variant of Proprotein Convertase Subtilisin/Kexin Type 9. DNA and Cell Biology. 2008;27:183–189
- Vuoriluoto et al. Syndecan-1 supports integrin α2β1-mediated adhesion to collagen. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:3369-81
- Kittler et al. Genome-scale RNAi profiling of cell division in human tissue culture cells. Nature Cell Biology 2007;9:1401-12
- Qian et al. Secreted PCSK9 downregulates low density lipoprotein receptor through receptor-mediated endocytosis. J Lipid Res 2007;48:1488-98
- Wylie & Bowen. Determination of cell colony formation in a high-content screening assay. Clin Lab Med 2007;27:193-9
- Auld et al. Fluorescent Protein-Based Cellular Assays Analysed by Laser Scanning Cytometry in 1536-Well Format. Methods in Enzymology 2006;414:566-589.
- Bowen & Wylie. Application of laser-scanning fluorescence microplate cytometry in high content screening. ASSAY and Drug Development Technologies. 2006;4: 209-221.
- Kriauciunas & Roell. A Perspective from Eli Lilly and Co, European Pharmaceutical Review, 2006;11:42-51.
- Pellinen et al. Small GTPase Rab21 regulates cell adhesion and controls endosomal traffic of beta1-integrins. J Cell Biol 2006;173:767-80